Hi Peter,

when I am about to create a new screen, a window appears with the default file name ("NewScreen.screen") - with the "NewScreen" part of string pre-selected (i.e. only file name, not extension). When I am about to edit a file name, both file name and file extension are preselected.

I believe it would be more consistent, if it worked the same way - I suggest to always pre-select just the file name, as that is what people change usually.

Thanks.

Pavel.

Hi Pavel,

Do you mean that the name pre-selection doesn't work the same when you rename a screen?

Hi Peter,

When I create a new screen, the dialogue window looks like this.

Create

When I rename a screen, it is as follows.

Rename

I often rename screens by copying a different screen name. If it preselected the filename + ext, or just filename on both screens, I could just copy & paste. This way I have to adjust the selection.

No big deal, but it would help and be more consistent.

Pavel.

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the details! It's a known issue and we've been tracking it for some time now. Unfortunately this is a generic dialog that is provided by the Eclipse platform so we can't fix this easily ourselves. The good news is that I've filed a bug with Eclipse and it was fixed in a newer version: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=391389

It will be fixed in WireframeSketcher too as soon as we update to a newer version of Eclipse platform. The plan right now is to move to Eclipse 4.6 this summer.

Hi Peter,

thanks.

Pavel.