Hello,

We've just bought a few licences now. However, I am getting an error when trying to update to the latest version. I had assumed this was due to the version being a trial version.

Help > Check for updates displays.

"The operations cannot be completed. See the details."

Details are... "There were no installable units selected when the plan was computed"

I can't select wireframesketcher by clicking the box, I have to click select all, however I can de-select it via clicking the tick button. which is odd.

So, when I tick wireframeSketcher then select next. It displays.

Details "Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency."

If I try to install via Help > Install new software. I select the Staging server form the Work with box. I select WireframeSketcher (thos one allows me to click to select) version is 3.4.1 I click Next and get an error.

Details "Cannot complete the request. See error log for details. WireframeSketcher will be ignored because it is already installed, and updates are not permitted."

Ahh. I've just noticed that the Details is actually a larger piece of text. The window size mine was displaying at only showed the first line of text, and I didn't notice the grey scroll bar and arrows. :(

Okay. So the details are...

Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency. Software being installed: WireframeSketcher 3.4.1 (com.wireframesketcher.feature.group 3.4.1)

Software currently installed: Shared profile 1.0.0.1329147055458 (SharedProfile_profile 1.0.0.1329147055458)

Only one of the following can be installed at once: WireframeSketcher Model 3.3.0 (com.wireframesketcher.model 3.3.0)

WireframeSketcher Model 3.4.1 (com.wireframesketcher.model 3.4.1)

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: Shared profile 1.0.0.1329147055458 (SharedProfile_profile 1.0.0.1329147055458)

To: com.wireframesketcher.model [3.3.0]

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: WireframeSketcher 3.4.1 (com.wireframesketcher.feature.group 3.4.1)

To: com.wireframesketcher.model [3.4.1]

Hi Brek,

It's a known issue with underlying Eclipse platform that I am still hunting down. For now you can manually download and install the latest version from our site.

Thanks.

I've just installed the new version over the old version and it all seems to work correctly. :)

I'm liking the edit screen command from the presentation mode. I can really quickly jump in to fix up mistakes or make notes on areas needing refined.

I too can't update for the same reason. My current version is 3.3.0, upgraded from 3.2.0. I'm trying to upgrade to 3.4.2<br> I'm using Eclipse for PHP Developers from Zend, Version: 3.0.2. Windows 7 from Zend, x64 (Eclipse is x86).

For some reason, I can't uninstall WFS via About Eclipse / Installation Details / Installed Software. Button Uninstall is dimmed out.

I tried removing WFS related files manually from features/ and plugins/ and restarting Eclipse with -clean. I still see 3.3.0 in Installed Software (although it no longer works).

Attempts to upgrade or install via update site always end with Brek's error message.

If I manually copy 3.4.2 files into features/ and plugins/ my Eclipse refuses to use them. Restarted with -clean, tried keeping old versions' files or removing them, no difference.

WFS starts working if I restore the deleted files but I suspect it's using the old version, not the new one.

Any ideas?

Thanks<br> Petr

Hi Petr,

It looks to me like an Eclipse issue. Can you email me your log file? You can do it using Window > Preferences > WireframeSketcher > Report a Bug. I'll try to find a related bug in Eclipse's database.

Good news :-)

The culprit was that I placed workspace and Eclipse in a directory where I can't write as a regular user - Program Files (x86) on Windows 7.

Solution for Brek: Have a look at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1872479/eclipse-and-windows-7 and move your directories accordingly. Then you'll be able to upgrade WFS via Check For Updates.