hey there,

Some widgets are in need of an orientation (noth, south, west, east), specially labels. Take an example from "Balsamiq". They have three orientation proposed. Either propose the same or even four and add an integer field with the amount of degres which will respect clock-wise rotation from 0 to 359. 360 would be same as 0.

With the degres, you could add an editor rotation wich locks the widget in the center and ables you to rotate it.

Then you could also accept shift+rotation to rotate in tenner steps.

Hi,

I think it would be simple enough to add a rotation property for labels to rotate them by 90, 180, and 270 degrees. Would it be enough for what you have in mind? Rotating labels to any degree poses some technical difficulties.

What other widgets would you like to rotate?

Hi there,

Thank you for the fast reply. Your approach would also be enough for my needs. And that would also be easier to attend.

Other widgets in mind:

• Accordion (with the option to set orientation for the labels inside it, as well)
  • Title

Browsing through all widgets, these seem to be the most important ones to add that particular functionality to.

Please take into account "tabbed pane" and "tabs" (if possible)

best regards

I will. I'll do it for labels first and if it works I'll make it work for other widgets too.

Can we actually rotate a shape that is being created? I have downloaded the iPad but want to view it portrait. I have looked and looked, but couldn't find it anywhere. Please help!

Mark,

You'll have to draw a landscape version from scratch. There is no rotation support. I'll be updating iPad stencil next week to use components. I'll use this occasion to add the landscape version too.

Thanks for replying, this software sure has great potential.. I have looked into a lot and comparing both features and prices and decided to give this software a try since it, initially, met what I'm looking for, nice job!!

As for the rotation, not sure how complecated is that, however, I guess it is worth doing it.

Mark, thank you for your kind words!

I just posted an updated stencil for iPad that adds landscape view. Use it with iPhone stencil for more iOS components:

http://mockupsgallery.com/ipad-stencil-with-components