I'm not sure how I got it there and I can't reproduce it, but the cursor was 'stuck' even after I restarted Eclipse.

I have a fairly simple .screen with two tree views and two buttons. I created a 'Note' object and set it to left justified text, then added an arrow object that points from that note to one of the tree views.

I edited one of the Tree View objects to add {check} icons to some of the entries.

I selected the Note object and hit Ctrl-C to copy and paste it. Then I remembered I should use Ctrl-D to duplicate it and hit that immediately after the Ctrl-C

After that it was 'stuck' such that no matter where the mouse cursor went - inside the .screen file, up to Eclipse menus or tabs, over the palette window etc. the cursor was always the large '+' shape used by the marquee selection mode.

Eclipse appears to have slowed way down. When I would click on 'Select' in the palette window the cursor would momentarily change to the standard Windows arrow but as soon as I moved it, it would change back to the '+' cursor and I couldn't select anything - not Eclipse menus/tabs nor any objects in either the palette window or the .screen window.

When I selected 'Marquee', I could drag a selection rectangle in the .screen window but there was no animation to the dashed lines around the rectangle - it was simply a dashed line.

After a few minutes (when I was about halfway through composing this post) it fixed itself and began working normally again.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem.

Environment is Windows 7 x64 and Eclipse Helios SR2, JDK 6u24. Both Windows and Eclipse are all up to date as of this morning (prior to the problem happening)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reporting this. I need you to send me your log file. You can do it using Window > Preferences > WireframeSketcher > Report a Bug. Thanks!

Dan,

Thanks for sending me the log file. I can't see anything abnormal in there. Perhaps it was the Java garbage collector that kicked in and slowed things down. If you see the same problem again then try increasing the maximum available memory by editing the eclipse.ini file (-Xmx option). If you continue to see it then please let me know and I'll investigate more.

I tried several times to reproduce it but I could not.

The memory size/gc should not be an issue. I always use a standard Sun/Oracle x64 JDK and start Eclipse x64 with a minimum and maximum of either 1024M or 4096M. I'm not certain which of those I used to start that instance of Eclipse but it would have had a minimum of 1GB available and only a few small projects loaded.

If I can figure out a repro I'll try it with JRockit and Mission Control. Those produce excellent diagnostic info.

Thanks again for the super-fast responses! I'm still really enjoying the product, it does exactly what I need it to do.