Hi Severin,

we try to set the default font in Window / Preferences / WireframeSketcher / Screen Editor but nothing has changed in existing wireframes.

Our problem is that wireframes created on Windows XP (with system font Tahoma 8px) looks different when I open it on Windows 7 (where is Segoe UI 9 font setted as system font) even the newly inserted components do not use the new font.

Do you have any advice?

Hi David,

The font preference only affects newly created screens. The font can also be changed for existing screens but you have to do it manually. Just click in the screen editor on the empty canvas (outside of any component) and then use the Properties view. Let me know how this works for you.

Hi Peter,

solution you proposed is exactly what we needed! Thank you for your quick reply!

What about a feature to change the font globally in the whole project? You can do that with the style by changing the default preferences. Why not the same way to change font?

So i could switch betwenn a sketchy look wit sketchy font to a clean look wit clean font very fast. Now i have to change the font style for every single screen i created every time i would like to switch from a sketchy to a clean look.

Regards Sascha

Sascha,

I did consider such a feature at one point. The problem is that changing the default font is not as seamless as changing the theme. Changing the font often requires manual adjustments in your screen. You have to design your screen to work with a certain font from the start.

Can you describe in more details in what context you need such a feature?

I not really need it now, it was just an idea ;)

I could also use a clear font in the sketch design so i will not have the problem. So it's not really an important thing :D

But i think it does look better if a handwritten like font is used in a sketch design. WireframeSketcher supports colours and my idea is

Start with a sketchy look wireframe that looks mostly black and white (only use colors to bring something into focus).

When the wireframe is ready, start to bring colour in its life. To get a look that is more "final" the clear style is better than the sketchy one. And in a clean style i would use a clean font.