Hi again ;)

I had a problem with moving screens into a subfolder. When i move it via drag and drop, all external images get lost. I use some addiditional icons and a background image to simulate a special application. After moving, i get an error message when start presentation of the moved page (i will not send you the log at the moment, perhaps it is an known error ;) )

It seems, that all image resource pathes and all links are not being refrehed automatically to the changed pathes

Feature Request

• Would like to add annotations to screnn objects and make them visible by an option (button? ) in presentation mode, html export and pdf (perhaps comments will be a option for annotations in pdf? )

Sascha,

WireframeSketcher updates links on file moves and renames so your scenario should be working. I need the log file to check what the problem might be. Also could you tell me what view are you using when moving files (Package Explorer, Navigator, something else?). If you have the possibility to also send the problem screen file it would be great!

Support for annotations has a high priority on my list. I plan to add an export option to hide/show standard widgets that are listed under the Annotations category in the palette. Specifically: Arrow, Callout, Cross Out, Curly Braces, Note and Scratch Out. Is this what you are looking for?

Sascha,

Here's a pre-release version of "Hide Annotations" option: http://wireframesketcher.com/staging. I'd appreciate it if you could try it out and tell me how it works for you.

Here is a list of what was added:

• Hide Annotations option in context menu in presentation mode. The option is remembered globally and between restarts.
  • Hide Annotations option in all export dialogs
  • "Treat as Annotation" property for widgets. Available in the context menu. This way you can fine-tune which widgets are annotations and which aren't.
  • There is also a command line switch: -hideAnnotations

I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

hi,

i will give it a try, thank you ;)

Because the error on moving, i will send you more information soon

It played a little bit around with the new feature, and i think you are on the right way ;)

• The image "jumps" when switching between show / hide annotation in presentation mode, if the annotations are out of the painted screen. Maybe you could calculate the position depending on annotations even if they are hidden. But on the other hand, hidden annoations will affect the screen position then and that wouldn't be nice, too. I think its difficult to decide ;)

• I missed a function to hide annotations in the edit screen. I think this would be indispensable, else the annotations may disturb while you working on the design.

I understand the "jumping" issue in presentation mode. But what about PDF? Do you expect the space for annotations to be kept there too?

I'll see what I can do about hiding annotations in editor. But I'll probably do it in a later version. I'd like to gather more feedback first.

...But what about PDF? Do you expect the space for annotations to be kept there too?

Yes, there is the same problem if you have a fixed windows as background and use annotations outside of the window in one screen and no annotation in the other screen. Then the screen also jumps when switching from one screen to the next screen both in pdf and presentation mode.

The problem in this case is not the question , if annotaions are enabled or not in pdf.

If annotaions are disabled for export, there is no need to regard the annotaion positions. The major problem of this is, that annotaions may be not on the same positions in every screen. Then it does'nt matter if you use the presentation mode or pdf presentatio. The screens will always flicker with enabled annotations if they are "outside" the "screening area".

Sascha,

It's easy for me to do things one way or the other. But as you said - it's hard to decide which behavior is the right one. I think I like the current one, where positions of hidden annotations are not kept.

Hi,

I sent you a mail with a pdf to explain what i mean. I like the idea how you solved it, but if you have a frame (window, browserwindow, external image) and use this frame in any screen, you should not place annotations outside the frame.

The example uses a pdf window as frame and 3 screens with different annotation positions. It does not really have something to do with the previous problem when switching on or off annoations in presentaion mode (but maybe they have the same source). This flacker-problem occours when annotaions are visible and you do a presentation.

For the flacker problem with switching annotaion visibility on or of in presentation mode -> i think it is good as it is now and it must not be changed.

Sascha,

Thank's for the explanation. I now see better what you mean. However the problem with "jumping" in your PDF existed before and it's not related to the "Hide Annotations" option. I am not even sure this problem has a technical solution. You just have to be careful not to place annotations outside of the actual screen bounds.

Yes, i think your are right.

A workaround would be to plan a space around the window to place annotations their if needed ;)