I recall being able to define new groups in the palette in some earlier version of WireframeSketcher. I chose not to and have the full range of widgets displayed. I think I may have even deleted all other groups.

I've changed my mind now but I can't find a way to create a new widget group. The new button in Customize Palette is disabled (see screenshot). It's also disabled in the right mouse button menu.

What am I doing wrong? (Please ignore the missing "Widgets" group - I took the screenshot when it was hidden. Just one of the things I tried.)

Thanks. Petr

alt text

Petr, you can add widgets to palette by placing screen files under "assets" directory in your project. Let me know how it works for you.

Sorry for my bad wording. I know about the assets and they work well for me. But I'm not after custom widgets. What I want is to organize existing default WFS widgets into folders.

I remember (and a screenshot in your user guide shows it too) that I was able to have groups like "input", "containers" or "annotations" additionally to the "all" folder. I think I have got rid of the other folders somehow and kept just the "all" folder (which is called "widgets" now).

In fact, my goal isn't to have folders by type (I could use the filtering drop-down button next to the search field). I would like to have a folder called "My Own Set" with a selection of default WFS widgets that I use frequently. I thought I could choose Customize Palette and click New for a new folder but the button is dimmed.

I thought this feature was there but maybe I'm just confused. :-)

Petr

Petr, I see what you mean. No, you can't add new folders via "Customize..." dialog. You right that there were folders in previous version but I've removed them since then. I'm noting down your request and I'll see what I can do.