Downloaded wireframesketcher a couple of days ago and really liking it. One thing I wanted to do was add an animated gif to one of the iphone mokup screens. When I added it, the gif would not play, although the you could see the initial screen image.

I even exported out the screen to html and it still wouldn't play. Is this not possible, or is there some trick to getting animated gifs to work. Not a huge issue, just wondering if I overlooked something.

Hi Eric,

No, animated gifs are not supported. Can you describe in more details what are trying to do? Mockups are meant to be static but dynamic behavior can be shown using storyboards.

Hi Peter,

I am working on mocking up an Iphone game. The graphic designer has created a couple of swf files which I converted to animated gifs. Basically, when a user of the game completes a series of actions, an animated gif will be displayed. I wanted to display that animated gif within the mockup. Does that make sense? I just thought I might try adding the animated gif as an asset and add that to the mockup screen.

Question for you, are you saying the storyboard should support animated gifs?

One other question, I could not figure out how to switch from a hand drawn mockup to a clean look. How does one do this?

Storyboards can be used to show a sequence of screens. So you could show different frames of your animation to give an idea about how things progress.

Theme can be switched either globally, in Window > Preferences > WireframeSketcher > Theme. Or you can do it per-screen by clicking on an empty area and selecting a theme in Properties View.