Hi,

i updated today to the newewst Standalone Version for Windows. When i start WireFrameSkechter Studio, i get an error Message. The log says the following (see below).

I am using it at work with JRE 1.6. I updated from 2.5 to 2.8. 2.5 worked for me. I downloaded the full package and extracted it to my file system (not used the auto update)

!SESSION 2011-10-07 10:30:07.025 ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=unknown java.version=1.6.0_26 java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc. BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-10-07 10:30:07.666 !MESSAGE Application error !STACK 1 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini). at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Sascha, I just tried it and didn't get any error. Do you have an antivirus that might interfere with WireframeSketcher's files? Can you also check that configuration\config.ini file is present? Send it to me and I'll check it for possible errors.

Hi,

there is no config.ini file.

Yes i have McAfee VirusScan Enterprise running but i cannot disable it, because its central managed.

Sascha, there must be a c:\WireframeSketcherStudio\configuration\config.ini file (I am giving the full path so there is no mistake). This file is part of the zip archive and needs to be extracted properly. Can you try to extract once more and see what happens? Also check McAfee for messages about deleted files.

i will try it again using 7zip to unpack the package. I used the build in windows function. The log of the McAfee seems to be ok (no files removed)

Ok....

The lesson i have learned: Never trust Build in Windows BuildIn unzip function.

It works now ;D

Sascha, good you managed to sort it out. There is a lesson for me to - I need to create an installer.