Hi Peter, I didn't mean cell alignment. Take label for example. I create one with "Label" as the text. The width is 30. I click button for right alignment. Nothing happens but that's expected. Now I edit the text and change it to "Longer Label". The width is now 66.

The problem that I'm having is that the x position remained the same. The left hand side of the label stayed and the right hand side moved to the right after the width has increased. What I would expect with a right aligned label is to preserve the right hand position and move the beginning to the left.

I feel this description isn't very good. I will send screenshots if you want.

Petr

Peter Severin wrote:

I have the row/column spanning on my list. I am not sure about alignment. Is it alignment in table cells? Then it works already (see the default table's content for an example of center align). If it's something else then please give an example.

Petr, I see what you mean. Is this a common behaviour? Do you know any software that works this way and that can be used as a reference?

As a workaround you can size the label manually to position the right side where you want it to be.

I use Xara Designer Pro and I'm sure Corel Draw is the same in this regard.

There's a free application called Inkscape http://inkscape.org/ and it works the same too. I've just tried it.

Choose the text tool, choose right alignment in the text tool panel, click into the canvas and start typing. You'll see that the width increases to the left, not to the right.

Petr

Petr,

I checked Inkscape and you are right. I'll check other programs too. I am adding this to my to-do list with a low priority since this feature is not critical. For now use the approach I described above.