first of all i would like to say tanks for this very impressive, helpful and stable tool!

Right now I am evaluating it as possible sketching tool for preparation of a web ui change within my current project.

I noticed the possibility of using screen components as some kind of page masters to avoid duplications. I love this feature very much, especially the opportunity to overwrite parts of this component afterward!

Now i noticed the following behavior within the story board: in the page flow window all links within screens are ignored, if they are defined within a reused screen component. This is sad to me, as it hides important information from the story board.

Is this an accident / bug or intentionally behavior?

Thank you very much in advance, Basti

Hi Basti,

Thank you for your interest in WireframeSketcher and for your kind words!

Can you describe in more details what you are trying to do an where exactly do you see links being ignored? As a general rule, you need to make sure that the target screen of every link is also part of the storyboard. This is required if you need to make links work in PDF or HTML documents.

Hi Peter,

thank you for explanation.

If I add the screen components I see the links, but of course between this "template screens" and not between the "real screens" using the templates. I hadn't added my screen components to the story board, as in my case they are only templates I use to minimize redundancy, because WireFrameSketcher as far as I know does not support direct UI interactions (e.g. a page with an "expand button" which makes visible an additionally panel).

So I have to simulate such interactions by creating two screen which are almost identically. To avoid this duplication at least partially, I use a screen component (within assets) to share all common features of the page, including page links to other pages (screens).

Now for me it would be more reasonable NOT to include such "helper" screen components to the story board (wich will likely be used for customer presentations, as it is some kind of "internal design" for the Wireframe tool, not for the real solution and could irritate the customer.

Instead it would be nice, if the screenflow view could show links of used components (like screen components) even if they are not included within story board. Or, alternatively, to have some possibility to set some "internal" state for such screens, a little bit like the "mark as annotation" for the widgets.

best regards, Basti

Basti,

You are right, this is a bug. I didn't realise you were talking about screen flows and tried to test presentation and PDF export (which are working fine). I'll look into fixing it.