Hi Peter,

Our company intent to buy WireframeSketcher. The tool does an good impression. The problem is only how we do a portable presentations. I mean, customers or consultants don't have an eclipse installation on theirs computers. Sure, we can export screens to PNGs and then create the presentation with extern tools. But it's more or less difficult. The question is how we can export stories in any portable formats which are runnable / executable on most computers without eclipse?

I already read about XMind and your plan related to export functionality of screens. But we need somethink like slideshow, as story --> slideshow export. Is it possible at all?

Thanks a lot. Oleg.

Hi Peter,

Yet another request. I think, many people need a lightweight standalone installation of your tool. They would like to avoid a large eclipse bundle. In this case every person can quick install and edit / replay created screens and stories. Can you provide this in the future?

Best regards. Oleg.

Oleg,

This is a feature that is highly requested.

As a first step I am thinking about adding the printing support for Storyboards. Coupled with free tools like PDF creator this should do the trick. So far it looks like the PDF is a good format to be sent to clients.

In case printing is not a good enough solution I'll schedule a native PDF export feature.

What do you think?

A lightweight version is a difficult task. Eclipse RCP could be a route to such a version but I am afraid that it won't be much different from a regular Eclipse installation. I'll think about adding something like this in the long term.

For now I prefer to add exporting functionality to help the communication with the client.

Hi Peter,

PDF is good, but what I meant was a slideshow or presentation like MS PowerPoint, so that everybody can replay that, step by step.

Best regards. Oleg.

Oleg,

In my experience all PDF viewers provide a Slideshow action. I like PDF because it's portable and PDF viewers are generally available.

Yes, you are right Peter. In the Full Screen Mode and with left / right arrow keys it looks like a presentation and can be replay everywhere.

Will the Flow Editor provide this feature too?

Oleg.

Yes, eventually.

Oleg,

I've just added PDF export for screens and storyboards. Storyboards are exported into a multi-page PDF document. I think it should satisfy your request. Find more here:

http://wireframesketcher.com/blog/2009-11-16-export-to-pdf-batch-exports-and-more.html

Any feedback is welcome!