Hello Petru,

First of all congrats on the progress made on Wireframesketcher. I am checking every now and then on the status of your project, as I used it in my previous workplace (and thanks again for giving me a license back then, that was very nice of you!) and loved it, and definitely think I'll try to persuade my current team to adopt it (crossing fingers, as it would make some designing a lot easier in my opinion).

While browsing the site I realized one interesting feature you could consider implementing would be the ability to publish screen to a public template gallery, to extend the list you already have on: http://wireframesketcher.com/samples.html. Though the wireframe are already very intuitive and quick to design, this could make some use cases even faster.

Just an idea, and congrats again.

Hi Laurent,

Thank you for your kind words! I am doing my best to make WireframeSketcher a top wireframing/mockup tool.

I think a user contributed gallery of components is a very good idea. The trick is to find an approach that is both simple and flexible.

I am thinking about setting a Posterous blog where users can send their mockups by email. I think I could easily add an interface to access this blog directly from Eclipse and interoperate with WireframeSketcher.

Please let me know what you think.

As far as I can tell, it seems like a quick and easy way of integrating something like this, yes.

I don't really know Posterous.com. If you want to go down this path, you could also have a look at Blogger.com/blogspot.com. There is also a feature to blog via e-mail, and like many Google services, you can access it via some GData-based APIs for which a java client library exists.

I would be a bit worried about the spam though, but maybe Posterous has a safer approach to this.

Laurent,

I've stopped on Posterous because they let you have a setup where any user can post on the same blog. I think this is important for a user-contributed gallery. Of course I will have to moderate posts to avoid spam problems.

The way it works is very straightforward. It's sufficient to send an email to a special email address with screen and thumbnail files attached and Posterous takes care of everything else.

The more I think about it the more it looks like the right way to go.

Hi Laurent,

I'm preparing the launch of the new user-driven website for reusable templates: http://mockupsgallery.com

It took me some time but I felt that WireframeSketcher was missing some building blocks for this idea to become real. Now it's out. I even made a few contributions, notable iPhone and Android stencils. Please let me know what you think.