I was wondering if it wouldn't be profitable to be able to pick (and customize) a standard project structure for WireframeSketcher projects in Eclipse.

In a Java project, you have for instance a default src/ folders for sources and corresponding bin/ folders. They have a virtual representation in your project, and a physical representation defined in the build path preferences view.

When I work on wireframes w/ WireframeSketcher, I often end up creating the same directories as follows: + <MyProject> - exports/ - images/ - screens/ - storyboards/ - templates/

Where: - exports/ is used for PDF and PNG exports in my case. - images are used to store picture files I use in my screens for this project (I prefer to have them under the project's structure for easier packaging when sending to colleagues or for SCM support) - screens are obviously normal screens - storyboards are obviously normal storyboards - templates/ is where I store MasterScreens for this project.

Laurent,

Do you always use a separate Eclipse project for your wireframe projects? In my direct experience with other users I mostly saw them using whatever project they had already in their workspace. On the other hand they were creating simple mockups for a few screens and not for entire websites.

I would like to hear more on how users actually organize their wireframes before adding anything to the product.

I could imagine using Wireframesketcher to just draw sketches within a projects. I have done this before, not with Wireframesketcher though, but with normal text files.

But so far I have used WireframeSketcher mostly as a separate tool. At the moment I even have a dedicated eclipse for it, as I was test-driving the latest milestone of Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) (btw, it works, if you're wondering if your plug-in is compatible).

The main reason for this is that the projects I draw wireframes for at the moment don't require me to document/backup them on our corporate servers or revision control systems. So I prefer to keep things separated. It's mostly for my own designs for some features or to showcase things and discuss them over meetings.

I haven't really used it to design a complete application or website so far, except smaller size websites at Macquarie University. I would probably start using it more and more in design phases and be more and more thorough with my coverage as time goes by.