Hello, Currently, if I place a XML commented header (for repository purposes) in the .screen file before the XML declaration, parsing does not occur and an error is thrown. I have to put the header after the XML declaration for it to work now which is not really a header anymore.

Would it be possible for you to tweak the .screen file to allow headers?

Thanks

Hi St Clair,

XML standard requires the XML declaration to come first so it's not a WireframeSketcher's limitation. The way you did it is the only way to have a header in XML file.

Also you should know that WireframeSketcher does not maintain comments in screen files. So saving a screen again will remove your header. This means that you'll need to add your comment manually each time, using a post-commit hook for example.

Give me more details about what you are trying to do. Maybe I can come up with other suggestions.

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to place a typical header in the .screen file. This header is parsed by my repository software to add relevant information such as the package, author, date and time the file was created or changed. Each time these are committed to the repo, the above parameters are parsed and changed as necessary.

An example of the header template I use is shown below - without the xml comments:

/ * ePIMSs $Source$ * ePIMSs $Project$ * * Copyright (c) 2006 - 2011 by ePIMSs * * All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials must NOT be * copied, used, transferred in any form without the expressed written * permission of the author. * * Removing this notice and using the application does NOT negate the legal * copyright notice. * * @initialAPIImplementationBy St Clair Clarke * * @author $Author$ * * @source $Source$ * @path $FPath$ * * @project $Project$ * @generics $Generics$ * * @lastChangedBy $Author$ * @lastChangedDate $Date$ * * @version $Revision$ $Date$ * * @changeRequest $CR$ * @state $State$ /

So, does XML declaration bothers your repository software? I presume you are using a feature called "keyword substitution" which normally allows keywords to be placed anywhere inside the file.

If I put the header as the first content of the xml page, it will not parse the file

Thanks

St Clair,

As I said previously, you need to put the header after the XML declaration. This is what XML standard requires you to do and it's not a WireframeSketcher's limitation. However, your version control software should not have any trouble recognizing the header even if it doesn't appear in the first line.