Hi

i am testing wireframe sketcher and i really like it. But there are some things i have missed during my test (perhaps i did not found the option)

Tables - possibility to get alternate colors for rows - possibility to select a specific row (yes, you can do so, but if the header isn't selected the table doesn't look good;) - possibility to change style of table header - possibility to resize columns

Medium Sketch Theme The Sketch theme looks nice, but i think it is a little bit to "sketchy". Would it be possible to add a theme that is something between cleant and sketchy?

Groups The text size headline in the group is very small. If you make it bold, it is diffcult to read. Would be nice to make the font resizeable.

Window More Options to enable statusbar with text, maximize and minimize button

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your kind words. Please see my reply below.

Tables - possibility to get alternate colors for rows - possibility to select a specific row (yes, you can do so, but if the header isn't selected the table doesn't look good;) - possibility to change style of table header - possibility to resize columns

You can prepend a pipe character (|) before a row to make it selected. This will let you select multiple rows. Can you tell me (or show me) what you mean by different header styles? To resize columns you can append additional spaces after the column title. I know this is not ideal and I'll look into providing a better solution.

Medium Sketch Theme The Sketch theme looks nice, but i think it is a little bit to "sketchy". Would it be possible to add a theme that is something between cleant and sketchy?

Could you show me an example of the sketchy style you like? Perhaps I could tweak the sketchy theme to make it look better.

Groups The text size headline in the group is very small. If you make it bold, it is diffcult to read. Would be nice to make the font resizeable.

The size of the text in Group headline should be the same with the text in other widgets. Could you show me a screenshot with what's wrong?

Window More Options to enable statusbar with text, maximize and minimize button

I have this task on my todo list and I'll bump it's priority!

I also added the alternating row colors in table widget to my todo list.

Thank you for you quick answer ;)

The support seems to be great!

i created an image to demonstrate something

alt text

Sascha,

I am still not sure about the font property for Group widget. Could you give me an example of an actual UI that uses a bigger font for Group widget? Technically adding a font property is not a big deal. But I want to keep things simple so I need more convincing :)

You can make table headers bold using wiki syntax. Would it be enough or do you need to have a different font size too? You could try changing the header's background using this technique: make the table's background transparent and put a differently colored rectangle behind the header.

I'll try to tweak the sketch theme. I also think that it's sometimes too crude.

Hi,

mhh, i do not have an example for the group text. I recognized that the font may be to small if you make it bold and using a handwritten looking font. It was difficult to read. Sure, i can make the default font bigger, but then everthing gets bigger. But this is not really an important thing and yes you are absolutlely right. Its more important to keep things simple! Mhh, just an idea: Would it be possible to add a wiki code to change font sizes "on the fly" ?

Thank you for the hint with the table headers. I am sure this solution works for me ;)

Sascha

I'll try to explore the possibility of extending wiki syntax with a font tag. From the first glance it should be easy enough.

Thanks ;)

Hi Sashca,

The latest release includes improved Table and Window widgets. There's no status bar for Window yet but I'm planning to add it in the next release. Get more details here: http://wireframesketcher.com/blog/2011-07-19-hide-annotations-better-table-open-source-and-more.html

That's great!

Thanks Sascha

Hi All,

Just a quick note for you (as I complete a trial of your product). Please DON'T change the sketchy font. We love it. By all means add another but leave this one as it is.

Hi Neil,

You mean the sketchy theme, not font, right? Thanks for letting me know that you have strong feelings for it :) I am still undecided if I should touch anything so your opinion helps.

I did not mean to remove the current one. My idea was to add a third theme ;)

I know Sascha. The issue is that it would be difficult for me to explain another theme that is also sketchy but not that much. I would prefer to make current sketch theme more satisfying to everyone :)

Hi Peter, yes you are correct. I meant the theme. Sorry about that.

FYI, I'm trying to get purchase approval for a few licences now (cos your nag is driving me crazy :-)

Neil, sorry for that :) It was almost painful for me to put it in. If you need a temporary license to get rid of it just send me an email.

When i was testing some wireframe tools, i saw a feature (i think it was axure) to define the strength of the sketched look by a slider.

Sascha, I'll have to experiment with that. Technically it should be possible.