Global search and replace would be a huge enhancement - since most of your components are backed by wiki like text, a simple text search/replace would allow you to make systematic changes across your screens - formatting, text, etc. Especially useful when you have many screens with copies of the same content.

Tom,

It's a good idea and I am noting it down.

There is a way to avoid duplicating content using components. Make sure you know how to use them.

Yes, thanks for the response. On components, it would be nice if reusable components allowed you to change content selection settings in each area they're used - difficult given the way they're implemented I'm sure, but the one that's giving me the biggest challenge is the tree view. I have 45 wire-frames all with the same navigation tree-view on the left. It would be great if I could create the master tree view once and then select, collapse and even hide nodes in each wire-frame. It becomes a little challenging when, for example, I want to change an icon on one node - I now have to cut and paste 45 times for consistency. I can't use a component, because each copy has something else selected and/or different items visible (e.g. adding something new to the tree).

Very nice product though - following the lightweight wiki-like theme a powerful search/replace would probably be a simpler solution - if I want to change an icon on a tree node, just globally replace "-{bar-chart} Foobar" with "-{pie-chart} Foobar" e.g.

Tom,

I think that what you are describing is already there. You can double-click a component and override some of its properties. See this blog post for more details: http://wireframesketcher.com/blog/2011-10-03-overriding-component-properties-font-size-wiki-syntax.html

This approach should work well for your example with different selection. It's true that it doesn't work that well for text, since when you modify text, the text is copied locally and is no longer inherited.

Maybe a possible solution would be to use a general purpose text tool to do search and replace. WireframeSketcher uses XML format which you could process as text. For example Eclipse IDE provides such a tool under Search menu, and it can be used to Search and Replace across multiple files. WireframeSketcher Studio does not expose this tool, but it could... Then there are other options like sed.