The storyboard is a simple but powerful feature of WireframeSketcher, I like it a lot.

Currently it only supports one simple use case walk through, which might be too limitating for complex scenarios.

I'd like to sketch different but closely related use cases in a single storyboard, with alternate flows. This could be modeled as a tree in the outline, where branches (arrows/expanders) map decision points ("login failed") and the contained nodes (screens) model the resulting flow.

In the storyboard view, arrows would indicate the flow of execution, as common in web editors (or e.g. the JBoss JSF navigation designer iirc).

Thanks for this fine tool and for considering this feature request:)

Gregor,

This topic came up recently. Please take a look at this page that shows how to use WireframeSketcher and XMind together:

http://www.eclipse4you.com/?q=en/why_a_lot_of_software_projects_die

The workflow is not ideal as you need to manually export/reimport images after each change, but I am thinking about methods to improve this.

I am considering adding a Flow Editor to WireframeSketcher in the future, but it's clear that it will be a big task.

thanks I will have a look. For integration into Eclipse, as XMind is also available as Eclipse-plugin, wouldn't there be some ground for integration instead of completely rewriting the needed functionality?

If the latter, I'd hope that the GEF helps to keep the needed effort down to a reasonable amount...?

Yes, it would be easier to write an XMind integration plugin. However I am not so sure that there is an extension point that could be used for this purpose. I've looked in the sources and didn't find anything. I've tried to start a discussion on xmind-dev group here:

http://groups.google.com/group/xmind-dev/browse_thread/thread/4d4d1864237b695e

From what I've seen their user support is minimal so I have little hope to get something useful there.

If implementing the Flow Editor from scratch, yes, GEF gives a good headstart. Plus I have a good chunk functionality in the Story Editor that can be reused. So perhaps I am exaggerating the difficulty of implementing this feature.

Does the XMind example looks like what you need? How would you expect the result to be used? Printed? Exported to an image? Some presentation mode that allows to choose what link to follow next? Anything else?