Peter, I really like the wireframesketcher tool and am planning on buying it for my team. In my evaluation of the tool I wanted to create a storyboard but am running into an issue which might be quite trivial.

When I try to add screens to the storyboard using resources I am not able to see the screens selected. I am not sure if there is another way to add these screens to the storyboard.

Details: MacOSX, Eclipse 3.3 , Myeclipse 6.0.1 .

I really like the post regarding Xfind because we do have complex workflow processes that we need to work with.

Hi Abhay,

Thank you for your kind words!

What do you mean by "try to add screens to the storyboard using resources"? Could you describe step by step how you are adding a screen to the story?

I've just tested Eclipse 3.3.2 on Mac OS X and I don't see any particular problem. I can add a screen using both methods:

1. "Add Screen..." action in the context menu
  2. Dragging screen files from the Project Explorer view.

What method did you try? Note that the "Add Screen..." action will only show screens from the same project. The second method however can be used to add screens from other projects.

I hope this helps,

Hi Peter, I have tried both the options. All the screens are in the same project as the storyboard.

When I try using adding screen and try to use *.screen in the resources window nothing shows up. I was able to add 1 screen to the storyboard by dragging but since then even this option does not work.

I am also not able to link an image to the image control, so I think this is a bigger issue with the eclipse/myeclipse install?

I just got the latest version using the plugin update to check if that would solve the problem, but thats a no go.

Do I need jre 1.5 , I am using 1.4.2.

BTW appreciate the quick response.

Thanks Abhay

Okay another update :

I have a project that I have created for creating the wireframes.

I am able to search for all resources except the resources in this project.

Maybe this pointer might help.

Abhay

Abhay,

Would it be possible for you to try a clean Eclipse install and see if it works for you? Perhaps a higher version like 3.4 or even 3.5.

Right now I don't do any testing under MyEclipse so if there are issues then I am not aware of them. In any case Eclipse 3.3 is a little bit old and with the release of Eclipse 3.5 I am considering dropping the support for it.

I'd recommend that you use JRE 1.5. Actually I am surprised that things even work with 1.4.

Also try sending me your Eclipse log file. Perhaps I can spot the problem there. Use the "Report a Bug" button in WireframeSketcher's preferences to do that.

Thank you,

Hi, I tried the java 1.5 and that seems to have done the trick.

One thing though, 1. When I add the screen by dragging it works fine. The search for resources does not work. 2. I add the screen to the storyboard. I believe there is a delay of a few seconds before I can add the next screen. Is this expected behaviour.

Upgrading to 3.4 or 3.5 might be an option.

Thanks Abhay

I wouldn't say this is an expected behavior. Does the added screen contain many elements? In this case this might explain the delay.