Hi Peter,

You have a great software! Particular for web developers it's very useful because a sketch in web environment is hard.

I have two requests.

1.) The "Table" widget should be have a multi selection capability.

2.) A new widget "Toolbar" is very desired. You already have "Link bar", but why not Toolbar"?

Best regards. Oleg.

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the kind words.

1. Multi-selection is something that was requested before. The solution that I propose is to have a special character that can be used at the beginning of a row to mark it as selected. For example the pipe ('|') could be a good candidate and the result would look like this:

2. Row 1

3. | Row 2
  4. Row 3
  5. | Row 4

Rows 2 and 4 are selected.

2 Could you describe a bit in more details how the Toolbar widget should work? I imagine that there should be a way to specify icons to display. This is something that WireframeSketcher does not allow yet. However I am looking to adding a syntax that looks like this: {icon-name}. So a complete toolbar would be specified like this:

{new} {open} {save} | {cut} {copy} {paste}

What do you think?

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

You find here some examples for toolbar widget (screenshot)

Your first approach is right. Every icon in toolbar can have a selected, enabled or disabled state (independent of other icons). A separator (| sign or somethink like) between icons is important too. The user should be able to define it in any space between icons. But if you can not provide it it's not bad because the separator can be simulated by vertical line.

Many Thanks! Oleg.