Hello,

I'm using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and when I'm trying to run WireframeSketcher it won't run but instead it will hang the computer, I can't even kill the process.

So I removed WireframeSketcher and then tried to reinstall it but it won't let me, it will do the same thing, meaning, it will hang the computer.

It doesn't happen to me with anything else and I have many programs installed on the computer.

Best regards,

Eyal Shilony

P.S. I've sent a letter to Malwarebytes, hopefully they will answer soon.

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Make sure that you are using the latest version of WireframeSketcher from our website. This can help especially if you are used to updating WireframeSketcher using auto-update via "Help > Check for updates". WireframeSketcher comes with a private Java VM which doesn't get updated via auto-update and it's possible that some anti-viruses might not like older Java versions. Manually reinstalling the latest version of WireframeSketcher from our website will also update the Java VM.

Let me know if this helps.

This is the mail that I've sent to Malwarebytes.

I'm using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and when I'm trying to run WireframeSketcher it won't run but instead it will hang the computer, I can't even kill the process.

So I removed WireframeSketcher from the computer, downloaded the program again from the website and then tried to reinstall it but it won't let me even do that, it will do the same thing, meaning, it will hang the computer and this time, it's not even the program but the setup executable.

WireframeSketcher is written in Java and is based Eclipse but I have many versions of Eclipse installed for development, including different versions of Java and they work great so I'm not quite sure what's going on with WireframeSketcher.

It doesn't happen to me with anything else and I have many programs installed on the computer.

Removing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will solve the problem but obviously I don't want to do it. :)

As stated in the mail, I downloaded the latest version from your website! but the AV won't even let me run the setup program... let alone the program itself.

It's so odd.

Eyal,

Thanks for the update. The issue is most certainly is with the overzealous protection by Malwarebytes. Our installer is digitally signed and is checked using virustotal.com which performs a check using a vide selection of anti-viruses (including Malwarebytes) and doesn't report any viruses. One possible issue could be is that we have recently renewed our signing certificate. Some anti-viruses (like SmartScreen filter on Windows) keep track of how many users have installed an executable and make some decisions based on that. It's possible that Malwarebytes does something similar and it doesn't yet have enough data for our installer.

You can also try to install WireframeSketcher from the zip archive as you do with Eclipse. You can get the zip here: http://wireframesketcher.com/downloads/WireframeSketcher-latest-windows.zip

Like I stated in my post, I cannot run both the setup of WireframeSketcher and the program itself, so extracting it from the zip wouldn't work and to make sure I tried it, it doesn't work. :)

Eyal,

I tried to reproduce this issue, but things seem to work correctly. I use the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with an up to date database. Is this possible that the issue got fixed in the meantime, or are you using a different version of Malwarebytes?

I'm using this version "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.4.1028"

I'll try to install the free version.

I've tried it and it still happens.

I ended up using the plugin version which seems to work.

Thank you for such a fine product and thank you for the support.

Best regards,

Eyal Shilony