Hi,

I am evaluating WireframeSketcher for a complete web screen mockup and navigation rules. The one concern for me is that the mockup and navigation needs to be in xml format represented. I read through the user guide and feature lists, but could not find enough information about the xml export and format of xml. It would be more great if an sample xml export is available in documentation.

Thanks, BTW the product looks great. I haven't drilled down to all features, but still I have feel good factor.

If I am statisfied with the evaluation, I am going for for the licence almost next moment.

Cheers

Hi Mahendran,

I am happy you like the product!

Regarding the XML export, there is no need for it since .screen and .story files use XML format already. I plan to add a User Guide section for it but for now there is no documentation.

I suggest that you look at the source code for .screen files to see what the XML format looks like. It might help you to know that this format is backed by an EMF model which is bundled inside the com.wireframesketcher.model plugin. In other words the format has clear rules behind it. I just need to schedule some time to translate the EMF model into a human readable user guide.

Hi Peter Severin,

First to say, ur rocking, just in minutes reply ! awesome - Thanks.

Regarding the XML format, Just now I peeped into the .screen file to see as XML- my bad, but anyways just a line in the existing doc to say that .screen and .story files are saved as xml will be more than enough.

I have started to build the mockups and so far I should say it is fantastic.

If I am able to complete my whole usecase with this (which covers most of the requried features for us), I am gono buy the licence.

Keep up your great work going on ! ! !

That's a very good suggestion! I'll start with a paragraph about XML format in the User Guide.

Great Thanks !

For reference, here's the section in the User Guide that talks about the XML format:

http://wireframesketcher.com/help/help.html#exporting_your_work/xml

I'll add more details in the future.