I'm using WireframeSketcher (latest version) as a plugin to Aptana.

However, when I rename anything a dialog box pops up with the following error message:

"The participant 'WireframeSketcher Rename Participant' caused an internal error and has been disabled for this refactoring. See the error log for more details."

There is no additional information in the error log (indeed no related entry).

The renaming appears to go ahead without problem. So the need to field the dialog box is more irritating than critical.

Problem has been observed for the past few releases of WireframeSketcher and on Vista, Win7 and Ubuntu.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reporting this. I released an update a week ago (2.1.9) that should fix that. Updating Aptana should be all you need to do. Please let me know if the problem persists.

Best regards,

Alas 2.1.9 is the version that I'm running (release date 28th December) :(

Peter,

That's not good. Can you please send me your log file using Window > Preferences > WireframeSketcher > Report a Bug? Do it after a fresh Aptana restart.

Thank you,

Hi Peter,

Did you have time to take a look at this? You can also find the log file directly at <aptana_workspace>/.metadata/.log. I'd appreciate if you could send me that.

Thank you,

Peter,

After poking around I was able to reproduce the problem myself. The fix will be available in the next update.

Peter,

You are such a hero. I apologise for having gone AWOL for a while (project pressures), but in the absence of a response so many developers would have simply parked the problem. Your conscientiousness and determination to get it right is one of the reasons why WireframeSketcher is such a great app.

Many thanks

Peter, thank you for your kind words! I just couldn't sleep with the thought that other users are also seeing this bug.

Hear, Hear!
I'm a new user to WireframeSketcher and find it an outstanding product, but even more so is the quality of Peter's support of the application. Peter's response time has been just a few hours to totally non-critical questions. I don't think I have ever had such a high quality of service from any software organization ever. I just wanted to commend Peter on this.