I'm trying to figure out how to show a disabled checkbox in a table.

I have a table with a few columns of checkboxes, and I want to convey that depending on certain data in the record from which that row is populated (i.e. a "completion date" already entered), the checkbox for a certain column may not be available for selection in that row.

The only way I've been able to make a checkbox appear disabled is by adding text after it, like: ~[] .~

Not a very pretty checkbox. Is there a way to do this within a table, short of using a pre-made graphic?

Thanks, Peter

Peter, I confirm that disabled syntax for checkboxes does not work in tables. I'll see if I can find a quick fix for it. Meantime, instead of a pre-maid image you can try overlaying an Icon widget colored in gray.

Thanks, Peter.

Wireframe Sketcher has become a key part of our workflow, and I appreciate how quickly you respond and enhance it.

Peter, thank you for your kind words! I wanted to suggest overlaying a semi-transparent rectangle in case you want to show an entire row as disabled.

Peter, I made a fix in the development version. You can get it here: http://wireframesketcher.com/staging

Alternatively, I came up with a different approach that makes use of icons directly. It works without changes in your current version:

~[unchecked]~
~[checked]~