Hi all,

WireframeSketcher is truly a very nice and above all usable product. Really fun to work with. I'm a fan (and as die hard user experience designer hard to convince!)

But nothing is perfect (and should not be). So here is a suggestion for a feature I've been struggling with lately: scroll area's. I understand that this might be difficult to implement considering the approach of WireframeSketcher, so I was wondering if there is a best practice to somehow fake it. Basically what I need is a rectangle with scrollbar that contains more elements than it can show. I want to be able to show to others what is hidden.

Suggestions welcome!

Cheers!

Hi Wim,

Thank you for your kind words!

Here are my thoughts on how you could show scrollable content. One way is to put a hotspot on scrollbar that links to a second page that shows the same page but with content scrolled down (you can use components to avoid unnecessary duplication).

Another approach I saw being taken by one of our users is to link to a page that shows full content that extends down as much as needed. He then would place a red horizonal line to show where the border between visible and non-visible conent.

I'd like to see other ideas too. If you come up with something better please don't hesitate to share it here.

Best regards,

Thanks Peter for the response. I'll try both options. If I come with anything better I'll let you know.

Keep up with the good work!