I'd like to have the ability to put annotations on the storyboard. Arrows, callouts, etc. This is where it seems, to me, most natural to describe the flow of the application, and where annotations work best.

Actually, I just figured out that you can link screens, so I maybe just a way to put annotations on the storyboards would be nice.

Sean, right now annotations can only be placed in screens and not in storyboards. There are some options to toggle annotations on and off in presentation and in exported documents. Is this what you are looking for?

I think I've been saying storyboard when I meant screenflow.

I didn't see any way to control how/where the annotations appear.

What I'm after is the ability to use the same screens in different screenflows, with each screenflow showing a unique perspective on the screen relationships.

The links feature is extremely helpful; it's REALLY nice to be able to specify those in each screen to describe the relationships and NOT have to repeat it everywhere. Very well done.

Maybe if I could associate annotations with those links, so on the screenflow they appeared only if I place linked screens. Then I could have unique perspectives simply by controlling which screens I drop in the storyboards.

But here's what I would NOT want if it worked that way: annotations forcing the screen to display scaled down. Right now, annotations on screens cause the whole screen to fit into a fixed size, so the size of the drawings are not consistent with other screens. If the annotations appeared outside near the link lines, that would keep them sized right.

I'll look around some more to see if there isn't already some options for me here that I missed.

Sean, let me get this straight. You want the Note widget to be available in screenflows. Then you'd be able to edit its text and position it freely as you can do with screens right now. Am I right?

Another trick you may find useful to create screen variations. Lets say you have Screen1 file. You can create a Screen2 and make it inherit Screen1 via a Component widget. Then you can add some annotations to Screen2. Create a Screen3 the same way and add different annotations. Let me know if this works for you.

Yes, precisely right. The note widget on storyboards would work great.

The problem with your second suggestion, even though it does work, is that it will cause the screen to draw smaller on the storyboard. Adding annotations to screens means they draw at a higher scale on the storyboard, so everything ends up at different sizes.

If we had notes on the storyboard, we wouldn't need to put them on screens and that would let them appear at more balanced sizes.