I would love to use the sketcher software, but can't get it to work. I started with the standalone version, but all I see for perspectives are "Resource" and "Team Synchronizing", both standard Eclipse perspectives. The only sign of the software is in the "Installed Software" window, but I can't uninstall it, and it won't let me reinstall. After this, I tried installing the plugin into an existing Eclipse installation. This had the same problem, all I saw were the existing plugin options. I wasn't able to find any information on the website, so I would love some help.

I'm running the software on Mac OSX, 10.5.8, PowerPC architecture, which the standalone version detected (at least in Eclipse)

Ryan,

I need your log file to be able to diagnose this. You can find it in Documents/WireframeSketcher/.metadata/.log. Email it to me.

My feeling is that the issue might be caused by your Mac version. Eclipse lists 10.6 as a minimum requirement. Are you able to use Eclipse with no issues? Which version?

Eclipse slows things down a little, and I have given up on it for regular development, but otherwise works well and I would use it for short periods with the WireframeSketcher.

Looks like the WireframeSketcher package comes with Eclipse 3.6, which was the same version as I had, a plain version of Elcipse SDK with a few extra plugins.

I was about to email you the log file, and opened it just to see, and found this error. If you want the full file, I can send it, but I think this might be enough.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2011-09-27 06:37:30.892
!MESSAGE Product com.wireframesketcher.studio.product could not be found.

More details about the installation are below.
Application directory: ~/Downloads/WireframeSketcherStudio
Eclipse/Application Directory (location of log): ~/Documents/WireframeSketcher

Ryan,

This message is not enough. I need the full log file. I suspect that WireframeSketcher plugin gets disabled for some reason but I am not sure what it is. So I also need to take a look at your configuration. You can copy&paste it from WireframeSketcher Studio > About > Installation Details > Configuration.