Yet another minor update. Changes in this version:
- Guide positions can be edited in Properties View. Useful for exact guide placement.
- Added shortcuts for Select and Marquee tools, F3 and F4 accordingly.
I was asked repeatedly to publish the roadmap for WireframeSketcher. I’ve hesitated until now as I am still looking for more feedback before committing to anything for the next major version. Currently my roadmap looks like this:
Screen editor features
- More widgets for both rich client and web UI prototyping:
- Progress bars
- Expandable sections
- Charts and other common UI elements
- Anything that looks useful in this Interaction Design Pattern Library
- Annotation widgets
- Post-it Notes
- Curly braces
- More flexible widgets
- Colors, background, foreground
- Font properties where it makes sense
- Enabled/Disabled and other widget states
- More configuration options for list/table widgets (grid lines visibility, item height, optional header)
- Text-driven icons support in menu/popup/list/table widgets (think of a checkbox in a table cell)
- Better editor UI
- Show coordinates/sizes on widget move/resize
- Widget grouping
- Widget locking
- Master pages/layers
- Better UI for widget properties (replace Properties View with something that requires less mouse clicks)
- Quick widget insert. Hit Ctrl-Space; type some keywords to find a widget; hit Enter to insert the widget at current mouse position.
- Display vertical/horizontal guides for standard paper formats (A3, A4, US Letter, Portrait, Landscape) so that screen mockups can be properly layed out for printing.
- Configurable units (px, cm, inches)
Other long term features
- Interactivity. Clicking buttons, links and hot areas to navigate between screens
- Presentation tools (think of a full-screen slideshow)
- Clickable HTML/PDF export for storyboards
Another maintenance release. Changes in this version:
- Fixed Ctrl-Drag to preserve the Z-order of copied widgets.
- Enabled font properties for Link widget: