It’s summer and the development has slowed down a bit. Nonetheless I’ve managed to squeeze a small release that will keep things moving. I’ve also contracted a designer to add a professional touch to my homemade website and logo. Read on for more details.
- You can now add custom properties to any widget. This is done by using the Custom Properties… dialog from the context menu. This dialog lets you set two properties: customId and customData. These properties are saved in the XML file and you can extract them later using your own tools. This is particularly interesting for automatic code generation tools and the like.
- Made snapping guidelines fade quicker. This should make the editor feel faster.
- Added Ctrl+Enter shortcut to activate the text editor. This makes things more consistent and you can now use the same shortcut to activate and deactivate text editing.
- Added Shift+Enter shortcut for inserting \n sequence to force multiple lines. This should save you some typing.
- Redesigned icons and other graphics to adapt to new look (see below).
New site design and logo
Finally I’ve switched from my amateur site design to something more professional. The new site has the same structure as before but it’s cleaner and more consistent. I hope you’ll like it!
WireframeSketcher now also has a new logo. I liked the old logo but it really looked like something that has been drawn by my 3 years old son. I think that the new logo also communicates much better what the product does:
Please let me know what you think!
I am doing a little experiment and I am offering Site licenses at a fixed price until the end of September. A site license lets your entire organization use the software without any limitation on the number of users. You get the benefit of not having to track actual software users and the possibility to freely add more users as the need arises.
If you are interested then buy a site license for $998 only!
I am taking some time off for the next month. I’ll be walking the Way of St James, 800km in 30 days. Hopefully after this journey I’ll be full of energy and new ideas! I’ll still be available but please be patient when you don’t get a reply right away.
As usual to update to the latest version of WireframeSketcher just use the Eclipse update manager.