Hi there! Happy new year everyone! I am happy to announce a new release of WireframeSketcher. This time it’s a bunch of small and not so small improvements that should make your life easier.
First improvement is a better paste action. Now apart from being able to paste widgets you can also paste text, images and even the XML produced by the SWT Spy plugin.
Pasting some text is pretty straightforward. The pasted text ends up in a Text widget. Pasting an image is a little bit more involved. You’ll be asked for a location and a file name to save the image to:
If you are using SWT Spy you’ll be happy to know that now you can paste the captured XML directly into a screen editor. This makes the whole process much more flexible since you can paste multiple captures into the same screen.
- Distribute actions. These actions let you select a set of widgets and space them evenly either horizontally or vertically.
- Better integration with the application menu. There is a new Object menu that lets you discover more easily the available actions:
- Added keyboard shortcuts for Z-ordering actions:
- Bring Forward – Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F
- Bring to Front – Ctrl+Shift+F
- Send Backward – Ctrl+Alt+Shift+B
- Send to Back – Ctrl+Shift+B
- Support for horizontal scroll with Shift+MouseWheel.
- Updated the color used by the Progress Bar widget to match the selection color.
- The plugin is now signed using a trusted certificate. This will get rid of those pesky “Unsigned plugin” warnings. If you are looking to purchase a code signing certificate I’ve got a good deal from Tucows. They resell Comodo certificates for as low as $75/year.
I am happy to announce that WireframeSketcher is now part of the Yoxos catalog.
What is Yoxos? Yoxos is a free online service that lets you build your personal Eclipse distribution. You create a profile with your favorite plugins and Yoxos combines everything into a single download that you can extract and install on your machine.
I have frequent requests for a standalone version of WireframeSketcher. I think Yoxos provides nice and flexible solution to this. I’ve created a public Yoxos WireframeSketcher Profile that you can use a minimal Eclipse install with WireframeSketcher. The big plus is that you can customize this profile and add your own plugins from the catalog.
So if you are looking for a standalone version of WireframeSketcher then please give Yoxos a try. Take a look at updated installation instructions for more details.
As usual to update to the latest version of WireframeSketcher just use the Eclipse update manager.